Brad Marchand left Saturday night’s game in Toronto after colliding with the boards in the second period, returned to the ice for a shift and then did not return for the rest of the game.
Following the B’s 1-0 win over the Leafs, Coach Julien gave an update.
“It was a cautionary move on our part and instead of making the situation worse, we said let’s pull him back,” said Coach Julien. “We don’t want to lose players for long-term injuries by pushing through a minor one and we hope that after he gets re-evaluated and things settle down, that he’ll be better quickly.”
“Yeah, he was,” Julien told media, when asked if Marchand had been cleared to play following the collision in the second period. “I’m actually the one that looked at the clock, there wasn’t much time left and I said, let’s just wait until the period ends and let’s just evaluate you there because he wanted to keep going and it wasn’t to the point where he couldn’t play in a pinch.”
“But like I said, we don’t want to lose players long-term and so sometimes we’re being over cautious.”
The B’s are off Sunday, so look for an update regarding Brad on Monday, when the Bruins practice at Ristuccia at 10:30 a.m.
- megankeith123 likes this
- mylifeishockey likes this
- musicinthecity likes this
- thebruinskid reblogged this from nhlbruins
- the-suicide-river reblogged this from nhlbruins
- nhlbruins-bostonceltics likes this
- broo-ins reblogged this from nhlbruins
- felisquoreda likes this
- fuckyeahbruins reblogged this from nhlbruins
- a-girl-full-of-regrets reblogged this from nhlbruins
- stoolattheend likes this
- twasveryswag reblogged this from nhlbruins
- nhlbruins posted this