Wilmington, MA - The B’s returned to practice today at Ristuccia following Sunday’s off day. Dan Paille was back on the ice, while David Krejci and Brad Marchand were absent (in addition to Shawn Thornton, who remains out 7-10 days with a concussion) and we’ll anticipate an update when Coach Julien addresses the media postpractice (currently 11:20 a.m.)
All seven defensemen were on the ice in their normal black jerseys. Paille was wearing the merlot jersey with Jamie Tardif (who played in his first NHL game on Saturday in Toronto) and Lane MacDermid. Gregory Campbell - after filling in on Marchand’s wing spot in the 1-0 win over the Leafs Saturday - was wearing the gold second line jersey alongside Patrice Bergeron and Tyler Seguin. In the absence of Krejci, Jay Pandolfo (still on a Professional Tryout Agreement) was wearing white with Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton.
While Marchand was not on the ice, Coach had said after Saturday’s game that it was more a “cautionary” move to not have him finish the third period after a hard collision into the boards during the second.
Regardless, here are the lines during practice Monday:
MacDermid-Tardif-Paille (no true center in this mix)
With four games in six days prior to Sunday’s off day, we haven’t seen a practice with this much full-ice work in a while - and towards the end, Coach’s infamous battling drill at one end of the rink upped the intensity. We also saw Paille during some skating work in between the bluelines to get his legs back under him.
*UPDATE POSTPRACTICE: Dan Paille addressed the media regarding his condition, and Coach Julien talked about the conditions of Brad Marchand and Shawn Thornton.
Coach said David Krejci was a maintenance day today and “should be on the ice tomorrow.”
Dan Paille is “doing fine,” but “doctors haven’t cleared him yet” and Brad Marchand is “progressing very well.” Out of Paille, Marchand and Krejci, “there’s nobody that’s a definite ‘no’ moving forward here for the next game” against Montreal Wednesday. Coach Julien said that “we’ll make those decisions tomorrow before we leave.”
Coach said that Shawn Thornton has been “symptom-free” for a few days now and is “doing really well also…no issues there.” He skated earlier this morning and biked yesterday (Sunday).
"Obviously there’s a protocol to follow and we’re going to follow that to the letter." Coach added that it’s "very doubtful for him" to travel to Montreal for the game, but that "he’s feeling really good."
- megankeith123 likes this
- austincarlmueller likes this
- thehumansarah likes this
- bostonslillygirl likes this
- girlslovehockey17 reblogged this from nhlbruins
- breebreeee reblogged this from nhlbruins
- sinlasestrellas likes this
- thetiniestnotionofselfconclusion reblogged this from nhlbruins
- thetiniestnotionofselfconclusion likes this
- nhlbruins-bostonceltics likes this
- tequllasunrise reblogged this from boston-youre-my-home
- itsbrittanybitch69 reblogged this from nhlbruins
- archive-bostoncreampaille reblogged this from boston-youre-my-home
- chainsawsaremagic reblogged this from nhlbruins
- boston-youre-my-home reblogged this from nhlbruins
- glitchinthesystem likes this
- glitchinthesystem reblogged this from nhlbruins
- boston-youre-my-home likes this
- plemur likes this
- nhlbruins posted this